Applications are considered for entrance in the Fall semester only. Applications completed by February 1 will be given the highest priority for acceptance and scholarships; however, after the preferred February 1 date, applications will be accepted and considered on a space-available basis. Admission to the graduate program is subject to the rules, regulations and procedures of the Graduate School as stipulated in the University Graduate Bulletin. It is the responsibility of each student to understand these requirements and to ensure that they are met. Click here to request more information.
The minimum requirements for application to the Master of Architecture Degree program are as follows:
3.0 cumulative grade point average
- 300 cumulative Graduate Record Examination score (GRE) on verbal and quantitative sections (tests taken on/after August 1, 2011)
- 80 TOEFL iBT score or 6.5 IELTS score for international applicants. Please use school code: 5815 for all graduate programs (see additional requirements below).
Applications will be reviewed by the Architecture Faculty Graduate Admissions Committee (only) after all of the following documents have been received:
Graduate Inquiry Form
- Completed application form with a $65 application fee. (No waive accepted).
- A letter or statement expressing interest in the program and reasons for applying.
- Official transcripts of all college and university courses taken, indicating the date when professional or other undergraduate degrees were awarded. All transcripts must be sent directly from the institution’s registrar.
- Official Graduate Record Examination scores sent directly from ETS and TOEFL scores, where applicable.
- Three academic (and professional, if applicable) letters of recommendation (TWO for MRED+U program). If you have waived your right for access to your letters, they may be sent directly from the recommender, or they may be included with your application in a signed and sealed envelope.
- Digital or printed portfolio.
CaneLink Course Listings
Graduate On-Line Application for Admission